The VMA is recruiting two Instructors for this year’s Venue Management School held in Kingscliff, NSW arriving Sunday, 6 and departing Friday, 11 November.
The preference of the School Committee is to group the subject vacancies, as outlined below, with the appointed Instructor required to teach two subjects in the following grouped sessions:
- Catering (Year 1)
- Catering in the venue industry is a fundamental for both customer experience and a significant income stream for the venue. This session is intended to be interactive relying on student experiences to demonstrate the application of contemporary catering principles, and focus discussions around current catering practices in the industry including examples from students’ venues.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (Year 2)
- Corporate Social Responsibility is fast moving and with changes coming at us regularly, it is often hard to know where exactly to position your business. The purpose of this session is to help understand current trends and best practice in this area. There are many exciting initiatives at play in venues and green field spaces across the country and this session will examine some of these new ideas. It will discuss the three pillars of corporate sustainability while also addressing many of the environmental issues that surround us every day.
- Back of House Operations (Year 1)
- Out of sight and one of the departments that works the longest hours, BOH operations present many challenges to the modern venue manager. A well run BOH substantially contributes to customer/client satisfaction and ultimately a positive financial result and repeat business. This session will demonstrate why it is essential all venue managers have a working knowledge of this vital area and are cognisant of the risks and the opportunities that exist from the loading dock to the public areas.
- Asset Management (Year 2)
- Excellence in management of public venue assets is more important than ever in difficult economic times and in an increasingly competitive environment. This session provides an understanding of how competent asset management fits with a venue business plan and assists the venue manager in understanding obligations to venue owners, government bodies and other stakeholders.
If you have experience and expertise in the above topics, and a desire to be involved in the Venue Management School, this is an opportunity to join an elite group of venue management industry professional to train and inspire the next generation.
- Current VMA financial Member or employee of a VMA Group Membership
- More than 10 years’ experience at a senior level within the venue industry with direct responsibility relating to the subject matter appointment
- Knowledge of, or experience with the Venue Management School (preferred but not mandatory)
- Preference for availability for the entirety of the School week each year and participate in all programmed activities during the School
- Commit to an annual review of course material and preparation of course monographs and session presentations
- Self-funding travel to and from School (accommodation and all meals included as part of the Instructor role)
- Agree to the Instructor Agreement and the VMA Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Policy (provided upon selection as preferred appointment)
- Please note: This is a voluntary appointment and no remuneration is provided as the role of Instructor.
- Previous teaching/training or public presentation experience
- Demonstrated commitment to the VMA’s and wider industry’s professional development
Please submit responses to the following questions (no more than four pages) along with attaching your resume:
- What skills and experience do you have in the subject matter area in current or previous roles?
- What skills and experience do you have in teaching/public presentation/facilitation?
- What value can you bring to the VMS and LI programs in a broader sense?
- Have you graduated from VMS or the Leadership Institute? If so, what year.
- How long have you been a Member of the VMA?
- What VMA programs have you previously attended (eg. Congress, Workshops etc.)?
- Submit a current resume (no more than three pages)
Submit your applications by the closing date to:
Zan Lewarn, VMA Education Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
For further enquires please call – 0412 935 731
- Applications open: Thursday, 30 June 2022
- Applications close: Friday, 15 July 2022
Short listed candidates must be available for a video or in person interview week commencing 25 July.
Further information on the Venue Management School and VMA Leadership Institute can be found here.