Venue industry Awards
The VMA’s Venue Industry Awards are the premier Awards program in our industry for the Asia Pacific region.
The Venue Management Association is delighted to welcome nominations for the 2020 Venue Industry Awards.
The VMA’s Venue Industry Awards are the premier Awards program in our industry for the Asia Pacific region. Since 2010 the Awards have been showcasing the best of the venue industry’s talent across a number of categories:
- Venue Professional of the Year
- Allied Professional of the Year, and
- Young Achiever of the Year for our under 30’s
Our industry is unique and draws to it some incredible individuals who are passionate about what they do. From memorable moments for their patrons to iconic events that form part of our nation’s culture and history, these are a rare breed and we love to celebrate them.
The Venue Industry Awards have a rich history of recognising leaders, game changers and innovators in our business and are awarded based on the achievements of the nominees over the last 12 months only – being the 2019 calendar year.
The Awards recognise those engaged in the venue management industry who are achieving great results in their career and making a wider contribution to the industry as a whole.
Venue Professional of the Year
- Recognising the outstanding contribution of a venue professional to the venues, people and communities to which they belong.
- Open to public venue management professional’s involved in venue administration, development, investment, operations and/or teaching.
Allied Professional of the Year
Recognising the outstanding contribution of an allied professional to the venues, people and communities to which they belong.
Open to allied professional’s involved in the supply of goods and services to the venue management industry.
Young Achiever of the Year
Recognising and promoting up-and-coming venue professionals and their valuable contribution to the industry.
Open to both public venue management professional’s involved in venue administration, development, investment, operations and/or teaching, and allied professional’s involved in the supply of goods and services to the venue management industry.
This award is open to those who are 30 years of age or under as at 1st May 2020.
2 Step Nomination Process
NOMINATE a peer, colleague, contractor, supplier or yourself – This is simple, online and will only take 30 seconds of your time.
The Nominee will be invited to submit a formal nomination responding to the Entry Criteria.
Once nominated each nominee will be requested to provide the following:
- A video of no more than two minutes, in which you talk through the professional achievements over the past 12 months (the 2019 calendar year) you have made to your venue, workplace or employer; what you believe makes you different to your peers and has contributed to your success, and why you love the venue management business. Please note that production values do not count towards your score – but passion does. Nothing more than a clear and audible self-shot video is required.
- Two written testimonials from clients or colleagues of no more than 200 words each. Remind them to talk both about how you have developed your own career, and how you have made a wider contribution. Testimonials: Employee – 2 testimonials, of which one of is from your boss / manager, OR if Self Employed – 2 testimonials from clients (of which one must be a current client).
- A written submission – of no more than 500 words – addressing the Award Criteria questions.
- Video presentation: 30%
- Testimonials: 20% (2 x 10%)
- Responses to Award Criteria questions: 50%
Judges will solely rely on the information submitted by nominee, noting the VMA reserves the right to validate claims made in an Award submission.
The Award winner in each category will receive complimentary registration as a full delegate to the following year’s Asia Pacific Venue Industry Congress. Full delegate registration includes attendance to all Congress educational sessions, Congress social events and 3 nights’ accommodation at the designated Congress hotel.
The Small Print
Terms and conditions:
- The nomination period opens 31st January 2020 and closes 31st March 2020.
- All nominee entries must be submitted by 7th April 2020
- Only a current financial member of the VMA can nominate a person for the Awards – You can nominate another individual or yourself.
- The Nominee does not need to be a current financial member of the VMA.
- Entry is online only. We’ll state that again. Entry is electronic. Do not enter physical copies. Video should be via advised portal/ link.
The decision of the jury is final except where new information comes to light after judging, in which case a ruling may be made by the VMA. Through entering, you accept that the VMA has the absolute right to run the awards process as it sees fit.
The VMA and jurors reserve the right to check the stated facts and disqualify entrants at any stage including after trophies have been awarded if they find information is incorrect or falsified regardless of intention.
The scope of the awards covers people engaged in the venue management industry in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific region.
For avoidance of perceptions of conflict of interest, those currently serving on the VMA Board may nominate but not enter.
VMA employees are not eligible to enter.
Information contained in the entry may be used in the voiceover at the awards presentation, in any winners’ brochure or elsewhere. All shortlisted finalists must have a representative available to collect the award at the annual Venue Industry Awards Gala Dinner held as part of the VMA Asia Pacific Venue Industry Congress at The Star, Gold Coast on 19th May 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide a short bio and photo.
Each individual may only enter one category.
VMA reserves ownership of the Venue Industry Award’s and the absolute right to manage and amend the Awards and Judging at its discretion through the VMA Board.
The prize for each Award winner may be subject to change and at the VMA’s discretion. It has a notional value of $2,650 and cannot be redeemed for cash nor transferable to another party. Winners unable to utilise the prize must contact the VMA who will make every reasonable endeavour to offer other VMA product or services to the same value. The prize must be utilised within a 12 month period.