The VMA has launched their inaugural Professional Development Workshops commencing in March 2022. These face-to-face half-day workshops are targeted primarily at those who work in operations on the ‘frontline’, ready to enhance their skill set and take the next step in their career. This may be a food and beverage supervisor, duty manager, a back of house crew member – or YOU – looking for a fantastic, industry relevant professional development opportunity, delivered by senior leaders of the industry and experts in their subject matter.
What can you expect?
- Industry leaders sharing their knowledge
- Experts in their field enhancing your skills
- Practical solutions to operational issues
- Tips and pointers that can be implemented in your workplace
- Engagement and networking with your peers
- Points towards gaining industry recognised accreditation
- Opportunity to attend an After 5! Networking event* (select states only)
Priced to allow several employees to attend from the one organisation, now more than ever, is the time to invest in your team. Keep your young professionals engaged and eager to progress within the venue management industry.
Phil King AVM, General Manager, AEC & CS Adelaide Entertainment Centre, and Chair of the VMA Professional Development comments, ‘The VMA has responded to the needs of our Members with developing and delivering these Professional Development Workshops. We encourage all our Members and the decision makers in our industry to register your team members who are looking to progress their career, who in turn, will bring back practical tips and processes to enhance your workplace. We envision this as the start of their engagement with the VMA and the industry as a whole and we hope to see these emerging leaders at the Venue Management School and Congress in the coming years. If we have learnt nothing else from the past two years, it is that it has never been more important to invest in your people then now.’
Showcasing executive industry leaders delivering practical and relatable topics such as:
- Anthony Duffy AVM, Managing Director of ViPeople on Customer Service and Communications (Brisbane)
- Tim Worton CVE, Group Director – Arenas at ASM Global on Leading the Way (Sydney)
- Matt Howe AVM, Former COO at Federation Square facilitating a session on Working with Change (Melbourne)
- Anthony Kirchner, CEO of Adelaide Venue Management Corporation and Phil King AVM, General Manager AEC & CS Adelaide Entertainment Centre on Leadership
- Mike McKenna, CEO of Optus Stadium discussing how to improve leadership skills with Olivia Birkett AVM, Head of Operations at Tennis West (Perth)
- Leanne Walsh, Director of Baseline Behaviour and Consultancy Pty Ltd delivering a session on Behavioural Awareness (all locations)
Touring through the major capital cities in the coming months, we hope to see you there!
- Brisbane: Wednesday, 2 March (Afternoon session)
- Sydney: Wednesday, 23 March (Afternoon session)
- Melbourne: Thursday, 14 April (Morning session)
- Adelaide: Wednesday, 27 April (Afternoon session)
- Perth: Wednesday, 11 May (Afternoon session)
VMA Half-day Professional Development Workshop: Members $250, Non-members $300
Group pricing: 5 registrations: $1000 (Members)