General Manager – Catering
Delaware North Companies Australia is a market leader in the catering and hospitality industry with a portfolio spanning: sporting stadiums, airports & transport, education, integrated services and leisure & entertainment venues across Australia and New Zealand
Based at Sydney Cricket Ground & Sydney Football Stadium, this key role reports to the Executive Director –Sports & Leisure Division and is responsible for providing provide high quality management of the business across the venue and ensuring the people, brand and reputation are meeting the Delaware North standards within the precinct.
If you are a passionate professional looking to deliver a world class service, then please read on!!
- Strong business acumen including financial skills, decision making, marketing, planning, prioritisation and business analysis
- Coaching and managing performance of team including strategic talent management at all levels.
- Strong understanding of hospitality value chain
- Excellent influencing skills including building lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of OH&S, food safety, employment relations and other compliance requirements
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Understanding of key competitors and customer drivers for business segment
- Strong emotional intelligence
Someone with demonstrated success in:
- Operational leadership for large multi function venue
- Driving revenue growth and improved profitability in mature business segments
- Development of relationships with key external stakeholders
- P&L responsibility for multi-million dollar contracts including development of financial & business plan, monitoring, reporting of variances and implementing actions to ensure targets are met
- Contract interpretation and execution
- Team leadership of large teams, including a transient workforce
- Presentation to senior management and/or external stakeholders
- Hospitality experience across retail, functions and event catering highly regarded.
Our successful candidate will be:
- A Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilises & coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
- A professional whose honesty, integrity and maturity provide for effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- A highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinising, improving, and streamlining complex work processes
- An energetic performer consistently cited for unbridled passion for achieving excellence in their work outcomes, sunny disposition and upbeat, positive attitude
- A conscientious go-getter who is highly organised, dedicated, and committed to professionalism
- An innovative problem-solver who generates workable solutions & resolves complaints
If this sounds like the opportunity to work for a growing global company that you have been waiting for and you have the necessary background and experience apply now via email to email@example.com or for further information regarding the position please contact Ben Hussary on 02 9085 7702 or 0410 429 974.
Applications Close: 31st Jan 2012.